Do you have pain in certain joints that just hasn’t gone away? Has your back been bothering you for months? Over 28 million Americans experience musculoskeletal issues each year, and they come from a wide variety of sources: overuse, strains, sprains, and simple back, knee, and shoulder pain.
You may be using medication to handle your discomfort, and you wouldn’t be alone. Most people assume that medication is their best bet. However, this is not always the case. Seeing an orthopedic surgeon could relieve you of your pain entirely. It is worth checking out!
Orthopedic surgeons treat the musculoskeletal system, which is complex! There are many different locations and types of pain the indicate the need for orthopedic treatment, but here are some general signs:
- Pain in your tendons, muscles, or joints that sticks around for more than a few days
- Joints becoming deformed
- Signs of infection (these include inflammation, fever, heat, and redness)
- Difficulty performing daily functions
- Joint pain that gets stronger when you’re resting
- Swelling or bruising around a joint or injury
- Limited range of motion
- Unusual symptoms in the place you’re having pain
Now, many people think that orthopedic doctors go straight for surgery. However, surgery is always a last resort. Physical therapy, specialized medication, and arthroscopic procedures are less invasive, and these sources will be exhausted before surgery is recommended.
As with any problem, the sooner you get it treated, the better. Contact Coastal Orthopedics in Corpus Christi. We have decades of experience and are committed to getting you moving again.