Do you suffer from long-term tendon, muscle, or joint pain? Do you have chronic back problems? Then it may be time to visit your Corpus Christi orthopedic doctor at Coastal Orthopedics. There are more than 28 million Americans who develop some type of musculoskeletal problem each year. These problems include, but are not limited to, sprains, strains, and overuse injuries, as well as knee, shoulder, and back pain.
Unfortunately, many people believe that the only solution for these issues is medication. They may have never asked themselves the question: Do I need to see an orthopedic doctor?
If you are experiencing any type of pain in your ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, or back, you should consider seeing an orthopedic surgeon. Symptoms may include any of the following:
- Difficulty using that particular body part to perform daily functions (e.g., walking up the stairs or carrying grocery bags)
- Pain in muscles, tendons, or joints that persists for more than a few days
- Joint pain that becomes more intense during periods of rest
- Swelling or bruising around the joint or the location of an injury
- Limited range of motion, such as an inability to straighten the back
- Joint deformity
- Signs of infection including heat, inflammation, fever, and/or redness
Surgery is only used as a last resort for musculoskeletal issues. We do everything we can do delay it as long as possible in favor of less invasive treatments like medication and physical therapy.
The earlier you are able to get advice about a musculoskeletal issue, the sooner you may be able to start treating the problem. Call us today to schedule your appointment!